– 'What does it all mean?'
– 'Honestly, that is the wrong question to ask.'
– 'How can it be?'
– 'An artwork is not a traffic sign.'
– 'Then what is it?'
– 'I want to change the subject.'
– 'You may not.'
– 'I am going to make an official statement.'
– 'I don't trust you.'
– 'My eyes are extra mouths. They do the talking.'
– 'I couldn't say, really.'
– 'There is a painting that looks back at you.'
– 'I think of transmediality.'
– 'There is a billboard next to the highway.'
– 'You really ought to see it upside down.'
– 'Why the long faces?'
– 'What is that about?'
– 'An artwork is not a thesis on a subject.'
– 'I do not understand your language.'
– 'If you play it backwards you hear voices.'
– 'It is the language of the piece, I guess.'
– 'You guess?'
– 'I guess so.'
– 'You guess you guess so.'
– 'Then what do you think?'
– 'I think of aesthetic mutilations.'
– 'I think of portraiture.'
– 'I think of authority.'
– 'This is a polylogue.'
– 'I think of pornography.'
– 'I think it can be anything.'
– 'You really may be on to something there.'
– 'Nothing is recognisable.'
– 'Inanimate objects and the alphabet.'
– 'You express exactly what I mean.'
– 'Uncanny, isn't it?'
– 'Stop changing the rules.'
– 'You put words into my mouth.'
– 'I think of floating.'
– 'Where do we go from here?'